Thursday, February 15, 2007

V for Vex

Dammit all to tarnation and back with a side trip to hell for some sunbathing.

I have just survived (and by just I do mean barely) the most prolificly inane, matrimonial inducing, wallet emptying occassion in the gregorian calender. V DAY!

As is the way of malice, I arrived promptly at the office in my blackest suit, complimented by a delightful pinstiped shirt and ebony cufflinks, topping the ensemble off with a muted black tie; the intent of wrapping myself in this darkest of garb was to be able to send out non-verbal messages to all those within the viewing vicinity that I am definitately not amongst thos celebrating valentines day. Pretty obvious, I thought.

Lo and behold, the armies of red China decended upon the work place like a biblical plague of hormonal locust to spread the messages of desperation and gift reaping. "Happy Valentine's day, what did you bring me, *giggle*". "I have an STD, would you lik to share?"

For those of you out there who aren't comatose or slobbeing idiots, you may have noticed that the imposition of religious and ideological beliefs by fundamentalist / overly voiciferous crackpots has diminished greatly over the last decade or so. Good. I believe that we should start applying this kind of tolerance to celebrations such as this (eid, christmas, national days and celebrations of sporting acheivement could also be thrown in).

We should be able to say, "I am sorry, I don't believe in love, so kindly take that rose and your garishly red garments and tuck them safely in the orfice of your choice. Have a nice day!"

I would like to give a big shout out to Kareem, my regulare readers and Hillary Swank.

Sarcasm is its own reward/
Malice

4 comments:

KareemFromEgypt said...

you have "regulare" readers??

what do they regularly read?? the archives?

just thought i'd let you know that the streak continues (although this time not related to dates) a guy bumped into my car while parking and later that day both my headlights went dead for no reason whatsoever... i'm sure it's not just me too, that day sucks

nice post btw :)

Veeeva said...

bassem sabry says hi :)

that was like 2 months ago...but u weren't round..mmm..anyway..

I was with a friend in "Zamalek" and being unfamiliar with the streets we suddenly ended up in "bola2 el dakroor" and it took us ages to get out of that dumpster (painful memories)...so yea that day sucks big time.

Cup of Malice said...

Still Wheezing,

How is the Raven? I haven't thought about the guy in a while. Take my advice, never get into an Ideological debate with that man.

Kascream,

Dude, I am begining to suspect that you are a serial killer. No one has Karma that bad without a good reason (I did a ying yang thing there).

You need an outlet for the frustrations (I would suggest that you start a blog, but you already have 2, man are you frustrated)

Veeeva said...

he is still wheezing too... or so i suppose..we haven't talked the last couple of months.

and yea, that seems like a good advice ;)