Monday, June 05, 2006

Esoteric Man

Today I will be utilising this forum to express a few of the more suppressed thoughts, this will be an unusual entry, so I would recommend that you put on some socks, pop some corn and make yourselves cozy.

5’ 8”, 76 kg, 164 IQ and an infinite disposition toward sarcasm noire. Vital statistics of a geographically unstable Egyptian. A string of failed relationships, the longest of which may have lasted 17 weeks. Issues, I should bloody well think so.

My demeanour is calm, collected, which I believe is a skill that I have mastered well. You will not be able to ascertain what I am thinking unless I explicitly permit you to. On the inside, however, I am a raging volcano of suppressed rage, given the wrong circumstances, I am liable to rip your arm out and use it to wipe my derriere before beating you senseless with the appendage. All in all, I consider myself a nice guy.

I count myself lucky on account of my friends, people who are smart, fun and capable of handling the fact that I may at any point fly off the handle and commit genocide. Thanks guys, this one's for you.

I get the distinct feeling that society is slowly slipping into a state of mass apathy, and before anyone jumps the gun and says that this has been hashed to death, allow me to elaborate. The individuals of a given society were historically labeled according to their place in the socio-sphere, smith, archer, were all signals of purpose. That has passed and has been increasingly replaced by a singular mentality by the majority of the populace that the importance lies in the perception of the individual of society rather than vice versa.

We are all guilty of this phenomenon to a certain extent, whether you have delusions of grandeur or have ever thought yourself better than someone rather than different, you are guilty. "So what?", you might ask. This id stroking approach to the world is a dangerous thing (although it does have merits), as it fosters ever more human boundries within a given society, and spews forths more 'isms' that are not even based on physical appearance or cultural distinctions. The new criterias for discrimination are now psychological, the fear (or belief) that other people would never understand you and the barriers that are erected as a result. The concept of "only I am me, and no one could ever fully understand, ergo, no one is worthy of me."

God help us all

No comments: