Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My Kingdom for a couch


Allow me to start off by saying that nobody has experienced true anguish until they have been forced to drive for two hours through Dubai traffic in order to get home. And no one shall ever achieve universal oneness until they have.

I have been exploring the rather mundane possibility that I may be getting older, and it is scary. It seems to me that I increasingly lack the vim and vigour required to partake in my favouriste hedonistic pursuits (one of which is currently being infuriatingly coy, but that's another topic). All I want to do after a long day of corporate warrioring is stretch my ravaged carcass upon the feathery warmth of a couch and vegitate, and if asked to do anything that involves a momentum change from zero, my answer is invariably, 'mmmruhboongreblah'.

I have also noticed a number of nonphysical changes, which although intangible are equally alarming. I am becoming exponentially judgemental and uncompromising in my dealings with others, my BS tolerance levels have plummeted like Aurther Andersen stock and I find myself passing by sporting goods stores and checking out baseball bats (a bad combination if one ever existed).

My physical state may actually be in response to my constant seething, I think my subconcious is trying to keep me from becoming a defendant in a manslaughter trial.

You may have noticed that I have intorduced a co-author to the pages of this little seen but soon to be famous blog (I am formulating marketing strategies as I write). Please put your hands together for Mr. K from Egypt, long time listener, first time caller. Once you have unglued your hands from one another, I would like you to use one to smack him upside the head and ask him to earn his non-existent pay.

And remember, people who live in glass houses, should undress in the dark. (KH)

5 comments:

Sand-E said...

There is absolutely no shame in taking pride in the mere fact that you've managed to mould your favorite TV watching chair to the exact shape of your buttocks.
I say down with productivity!
Besides, whose feet do you think the world will crumble at when all the busy bees collapse from exhaustion?
That’s right! you’ll see clearly now that the rain is gone and the acoustics of an epiphany will resonate in the air like musical notes that sound like “Hot diggidy! Now look at yous! Ain’t it a damn good thing I saved my energy?!”

Cup of Malice said...

Spoken like a true sloth.

While I can see the potential merits of a conservationalist lifestyle insofar that the geek may eventually (and I use the term loosely) inherit the earth, I am afraid I must decline your invitation to the sorority of slack.

Good luck with your plans to take over the world, I'll be voting for you from beyond my exhausted grave.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... ambien tylonel pm Milf fucks friends Lady blazers basketball camp Ultram an opiate Generic+name+ambien http://www.allegra-drug-interaction.info/Allegra5.html 2003 volvo s40 maintenance ambien sleep drug any adiction children of divorce jeep wrangler willys Background karaoke mp3 player software video Accounting responsabilities Data recovery crashed hard disk ambien dosage 20 mg